Childbirth classes in Southside Brisbane: for men
Childbirth is not only about the pregnant woman these days. Certainly, it’s the ladies who have the task (and some might say privilege) of giving birth, but men are part of the journey too and fathers are often left out when it comes to childbirth education, antenatal classes or prenatal preparation.
Prenatal classes in Southside and Central Brisbane: for the lads
Well not anymore Brisbane! Beer + Bubs is a one-night session at the pub just for expectant fathers whether they are first timers or have been there before. It’s a crash-course in how to support a women through childbirth, presented in a fast-paced format in the friendly surrounds of the local pub with Bunbury’s most experienced and entertaining childbirth educators. Expectant dads won’t be bored to snores with more details than they need to hear about obstetric complications. Beer + Bubs really focuses on the role of the support person and what they need to know to help their partner to have an easier, faster labour.
- What to say and what not to say to a labouring woman
- Great ideas for how a bloke can help with pain relief
- How to be an advocate for the birthing mother
- What should a dad being doing during each stage of labour
- What to do when the birth plan says “no epidural” and your partner is begging for one
Click here for a feature article on Beer + Bubs in Midwifery News Magazine, the member mag for the Australian College of Midwives.